Monday, July 25, 2011

Aquaponics Update 25July 2011 - Death of a Pangasius






Bad news.....another one of my Pangasius died. It's the 2nd one in less than a month.






The first casualty was the smalled one. I noticed it was swimming afloat and not on the bottom as they usually do.... after 48 hours in quarantine, its dead.






The 2nd one is the bigger one, it's almost 10" and like the smaller one, has been with me for more or less 3 months.






The same symptoms but in this one, there was more. I noticed the usual color (albino) became more pale and there were small lesions on the skin in the stomach area. It also appeared bloated or like the food it has eaten were not digested and were bulging. Immediately I put it in quarantine, bottled water, a lot of aeration and a little sea salt.






One day, two days, finally it died this morning. It looked gruesome. I don't know what it is and why it happened and I will not stop searching for information.






No comments: